Friday, February 24, 2006

Beauty Ups

So after a dear twin outed me that I haven't blogged much and I most likely have several drafts not yet published I will admit she is correct :D I just haven't had alot of time lately to get on here and post. I've been really busy with work as previously mentioned. I am working on a huge project, I'm on the implementation team and when this is all approved and all the funding, etc comes through this will be something that is implemented global within the organization I work. This is great news and I think it will look well on my resume but for right now I am just swamped in work, conference calls, meetings and deadlines. But I thrive on the chaos of it all though and I have some good people on the team with me. Right now we are trying to get everything together for the demo that is being presented next week at the mother ship. I'm not going to the mother ship for the demo but it's alright because I have 3 or 4 other deadlines to meet by the following Tuesday so I will be plenty busy!

I was going to stay late at work and get some other work done on some of my lower priority projects but I really wanted to get my hair done and didn't want to have to wait till Saturday but figured I wouldn't get in tonight but decided to call. My lady I go to is on maternity leave, she just had her 2nd daughter a month ago, but the lady that is taking over while she is out was there and had an opening as long as I could get there right away. Say no more, I was off and running! I got highlights in my hair, a new cut with lots of long layers and the ability to make a flip (big change for me) and I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time! I've been thinking about it for awhile but I've been chicken to have it done because I didn't know how it'd look or how much it'd hurt! My stylist laughed and said "honey we'll fix ya right up, you're going to look so good no man will resist you!" Actually the whole eyebrow waxing process was not bad, I did hold tightly onto the chair arms but it didn't hurt anything like I thought it would and she did a wonderful job! I'm very pleased.

My reasoning for titling this post 'Beauty Ups' is because I feel that's what I've been doing this week, and this is what I used to call it when I was a little girl :) I would play 'beauty ups' at my grandparents house with my grandma. I remember distinctly one time I was wearing pearls, clip on earrings, and bright red lipstick and my grandpa was going to take grandma and I to the store and I refused to take off my beauty ups so I went with them just as I was, I just remember having bright red lips and getting a package of gummy bears from grandpa as a treat :)

This week I got my nails done, I got my hair done tonight, eyebrows done, I went to tan a few times this week (helps beat winter blah's) and I have this lip gloss Dawnn and I bought a few weeks ago along with a lip plumping gloss. It's kinda neat to treat yourself. I also booked my first time at a spa for the end of March with a few girls from work! I'm getting my first ever massage, a pedicure and I'm having my hair washed and deep conditioned and styled. I'm so excited. The last week and next month will be lots of 'firsts' for me in that respect :)

No comments: