Wednesday, February 01, 2006

For Heidi =)

Thought you'd get a chuckle out of this since you have been so dilligent in getting your application and resume out =)

Deer Sir,

I waunt to apply for the secritary job what I saw in the paper. I can Type real quik wit one finggar and do sum a counting.

I think I am good on the phone and no I am a pepole person, ?Pepole really seam to respond to me well.

I4m lookin for a Jobb as a secritary but it musent be to complicaited.

I no my spelling is not to good but find that I Offen can get a job thru my persinalety. ?My salerery is open so we can discus wat you want to pay me and wat you think that I am werth,

I can start imeditely. ?Thank you in advanse fore yore anser.

hopifuly Yore best aplicant so farr.


Sinseerly,

4 comments:

agent713 said...

OUCH! That is horrible! Actually one of the people I am using as a reference was hiring a part time assistant. She got an application from someone who would have been perfect for the job but there were multiple spelling errors on the cover letter so she didn't even interview her.

I'm finding that with the online applications that don't have built in spell check, I have to be extra careful. It's hard when you're so reliant on those stupid little red lines!

~Heidi

agent713 said...

Hee Hee. I forwared this to the wawesome co-worker who's been helping me with my cover letters and stuff. I asked her to "review my latest cover letter." This is what she replied:

"I think this will nail it!! And with a fyew reevishons i kan youse if four my xtensieve kownslling of desprate kliants seaking werk sew I allso kan git a nyou posishon."

Veronica said...

Oh my! But very funny.

A few years ago I was in the position of hiring an assistant to help me - we got about 60 applications and there were about 4 like this one. One I actually chose to interview - because his resume was good. Sadly he didn't get the job though - his grasp on english was not good enough for a job that is largely about documentation.

Kaye said...

Oh, that's bad. LOL!!!!