Monday, October 09, 2006

My weekend in review ... hopefully photos to come later

I have been so incredibly busy I've not been blogging much. I had a nice, relaxing yet busy weekend. I have some pictures on my film camera as well as a few I snapped on Jim's digital. Once I get those pictures off the camera I will try and post a few.

Friday night Jean invited Jim, Paul, and I to a bonfire at a friend's house of hers. Paul didn't go as it was his kid weekend and his night to work till 8pm so Jim and I went. The people's house we went to was really nice, they are working on fixing it up, and they have been friends with Jean since high school, a really nice couple, lots of fun and really made us feel welcome! We had lots of munchies and a nice big bonfire outside, with a bunch of guys there they were sure to keep adding fuel to the fire, have to get it bigger and taller than they are! We also had a rock, paper, scissors tournament, I was knocked out the first round as was Jean but Jim made it to the 2nd round! A nice relaxing evening.

Saturday morning Jim got up to get tickets for Bob Seger for a few of us, he lucked out and got us floor seats and we came to find out a few minutes later the concert sold out in 5 minutes! A second show was added and it sold out in less than 15 minutes too! We are really happy to have our tickets :)

After getting tickets we headed out up north along Lake Michigan for a fall color tour/mini road trip. We drove up to Ludington and stopped at House of Flavors for lunch and ice cream, very tasty! From there we drove around and stopped at the beach to take some photos, you couldn't ask for a better day at the beach in October! It was bright and sunny but windy. I sure hope they turn out! From there we drove into the Manistee National Forest where Jim likes to go camping each year and stopped for some more pictures in the forest and along the beach.

We then made our way back down and listened to the Detroit Tigers game on the radio and listened to them beat the NY Yankees! Go Tigers!

Sunday I did some organizing and cleaning around the house and watched several episodes of Here Come the Brides on DVD that I got from Amazon.com a week or so ago.

I will try and post pictures when I can. I hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

1 comment:

agent713 said...

I love bonfires! I was invited to one at home while I was in PA. Obviously I missed it.

Sounds like a fun weekend!

~Heidi