Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Baby steps

I just finished reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover book last night for the second time and I am ready to make this work for me.

It won't happen overnight, I am resigned to that, but I made the first step several years ago by having a plastectomy as Dave calls it (cutting up my credit cards) and never did much after that. I made the first step toward baby step 1, setting up a baby emergency fund, I don't have the full amount in it yet but I just started it tonight!

It's a small step but it's a step in the right direction and it makes me feel wonderful!

If anyone reads this and is tired of the way they are living with their finances I recommend this book, get it from the library or buy it used on Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com if you are ready to make a change this book will help you do it!

2 comments:

agent713 said...

Diane, I am so happy for you! Admitting you have a problem is the first step but deciding that you are going to do something about it? That is the HARD part. I'm praying for you. Be strong!!!
~Heidi

DEBTective said...

Dollface, I'm big-time proud of you for working to deep-six your debt, Dave Ramsey-style! Great job on cutting up your plastic, and thanks for spreading the word about Dave. Way to go on the dough, baby! www.debtective.com