Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New England trip - Day 1

Wednesday was travel day, my flight was scheduled to leave at 6:30 am. I got up about 3:45 to get ready to get picked up by a taxi at 5am. I got to the airport and got in line to check my bags - I was already checked in since you can do it online up to 24 hours ahead and found out the flight was delayed until 10:30 due to crew needing a rest. The attendant at the counter told me to stand by and she was going to try to get all of us on the 6:30 onto the 8:30 am flight - which she did. I gave up my exit row seat but she got me the first seat in coach so there was still a ton of leg room.

I got through security and was sitting by the gate ready to go at 5:30 am. Now what? I had 3 hours to kill. I called and left a VM for Jim at work to let him know we were getting a late start and settled in with my book and iPod.

The flight from Grand Rapids to Detroit to catch my connection was uneventful. Got to Detroit and had an hour to make my connection so I stopped at McDonalds for a coke and hasbrown and went to the gate.

The flight from Detroit to Boston was quick and uneventful, I read a bit and dozed a bit.

Melissa was going to pick me up at the airport and we had arranged for her to circle so she wouldn't need to park and bring Payton and everyone in, it'd be easier for me to meet her outside and get picked up.

It ended up being Melissa and Sarah that got me and Sarah had her girls with her and Melissa had Payton, the little girl she nannies with her. On the way out of the airport I made a quick call to Martha to let her know I'd landed and we were on the way to lunch!

Melissa, Sarah and I had plans to meet Martha for lunch at Kellys Roast Beef in Saugus and we found out that day that Liz (Synapse) was joining us!

Lunch was great and it was so fun to meet new Scrapshare sisters in person!

After lunch we needed to get back on the road as Maddie and Sarah's daughters had swim lessons. Our group photo from lunch:



from the left: Martha (Martha in CA), Liz (Synapse), Sarah (Crazyredhead), Melissa (Maddiesmommy), and Me (Emmylou)

After swim lessons Melissa and I went to the mall to get some stuff for the goodie bags for Christina's bachelorette party on Friday night/Saturday and went to Michael's.

The new thing at Michael's is the Martha Stewart scrapbook collection and there's been lots of hoopla about it on Scrapshare because some employees at Michael's had to wear white gloves when stocking the shelves, etc. plus some of it's just wayyyy expensive. I had to take some pictures.

I couldn't get over $4 for a package of cupcake paper cups!









After shopping and hitting the semi-annual clearance sale at Bath and Body Works we went to dinner at 99. Great food!

No comments: