Wednesday, January 25, 2006

*Grrrrrrr*

Today at work I have project time, which is a full 8 hour day, or more if I stay late, of time to get caught up on my projects I have going. I've been on a huge, ongoing project for the Knowledgebase and web self-service project so some of my other projects have been bumped down the ladder of priority.
I had all my plans laid out last night before I left of what I wanted to do and came in this morning energized (well as much as I can be for 8:30 in the morning ...) and ready to get to work.

I get logged in, go to bring up our existing knowledgebase that could .... and the server is down! My whole morning and most of my afternoon was built around this, updating articles, publishing new articles and doing major housekeeping because some people have issue with certain numbers of articles because of connotations with those numbers ... I thought we were all adults but that is a separate vent.

So instead my whole day is shot to you-know-where and I am having to work on other things ... most of which are still built around the knowledge base taht I cannot access! I've done some work on smaller tasks I have, finished a couple of them, did extensive testing for a new release coming out next month and have one big project to do but I need to pull some stuff from the knowledgebase that is STILL DOWN.

I just want to go home and start other again. Plus tomorrow and Friday I have meetings off and on most of the day so I won't be productive and was counting on today to get my stuff done. I'm so annoyed right now.

I need to go and find new cheese since my cheese got moved due to servers being down, but I am more content to sit and whine for a bit ... thanks for listening =)

No comments: