Thursday, April 06, 2006

Brass Plum

As previously mentioned, I picked up The best of Poison 20 years of Rock last night at Target. Apparently half of my department here at work also got the CD and we have all been rocking out all day. This CD just came out Tuesday (it's on sale at Target if you want to get it too!) I left my cubemate Julie borrow it today and it brought up so many old 80s memories like Esprit bags and Keds shoes. One of my other co workers Elaina mentioned this store called the Bon Marche. She and I grew up in WA together and actually lived a few miles apart but never knew each other until we moved to MI and started working in the same department! She was like do you remember that juniors department at the Bon? What was the name. I couldn't remember but knew it was Plum something. She and I have been thinking all day about it and remember how that was the "in" place to shop and THE place to go to get Esprit bags, and trendy 80s clothes. I used to love shopping there and they were in the basement and it was this whole area with just juniors clothes. I can totally remember it. Well I emailed my Mom and asked if she remembered the name of that department .... she comes back about 20 minutes later with it, Brass Plum. It is just funny how something like a few songs can bring back so many memories! We've been laughing all day about stuff like that, Debbie Gibson perfume - Electric Youth (I had some!) and how when you got your Keds they had the big rubber blue Keds logo that you could put on your keychain to be fashionable.

Gotta love random memories and thoughts :)

No comments: