Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Down for the count

Day 3 and I'm home sick. Talk about hitting fast! I was fine Friday, several of us went out to celebrate Paul's birthday (I'll try and blog and post pictures after my nap) and I had a little tickle in my throat, attributed it to the cigarette smoke around me at the karaoke bar and didn't give it a second thought. By Sunday I was coughing and by Monday morning I felt like I was run over by a bus.

Today is Wednesday and I finally mustered enough energy to get into the doctor. Turns out I have a viral infection. Since it's not bacterial there isn't an antibiotic that can clear it up but she did give me a prescription for cough syrup with some codeine to give me a break and wants me to stay home for the rest of the week.

I'm home camping out on the couch and realizing there is nothing good on TV during the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo. Feel better Di. That cough syrup with codeine tastes like complete crap (like sucking an aspirin) but it works wonders!

agent713 said...

I'm convinced that there's no good tv on at all :P

Hope you're feeling better soon!

~Heidi