Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kinder Chocolate

I ate it. Finally. I thought Melissa may have gotten on a plane to fly here to force feed me if I didn't eat it :)

As mentioned in a prior blog entry it's been insanely busy this week so I haven't had a chance to post about it. I borrowed Jim's camera so I could document it and tonight had a chance to upload the pictures.

Rewind to last Saturday night. After doing some housework I decided to put Melissa out of her misery and reward myself by eating the Kinder Chocolate.

For those that don't know, Kinder Chcolate is available in Canada in bars or in eggs called Kinder Surprises. The eggs are banned in the U.S. because of the small toy surprise inside. At the Scrapshare Michigan retreat a Kinder Surprise egg magically found it's way across the border and into my goody bag!



The egg unwrapped:


And the opened up egg ... still have not eaten any yet, just cracking the egg.




NOTE: No cats were harmed in the taking of these photos and the uploading to this blog. Merely a curious bystander, not a chocoholic cat.


I thought that the toy would have just fallen out when I opened the egg, I was pleasantly surprised to find it in its own egg. Took me a few minutes to get that toy open though, the egg it's in is a soft plastic and it was strange and hard to open.




I ate the chocolate before I put the toy together. It is very good. It was soft and sweet, almost like a mix between white and milk chocolate. I thought it was very smooth, didn't scream chocolate-y which was good. While I enjoy chocolate as much as the next guy or gal sometimes it's too much for me, it's too sweet. I thought this was the right balance of sweet without being too sweet. Definitely a 2 thumbs up.

The next challenge was putting the toy together. I got a chuckle out of the fact that it comes with instructions!







The finished product:



Now if they'd just make Cherry Cordial Kinder Chocolate my life would be complete! :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so happy! But, you really have to try the bars. They taste much different than the eggs. Once I get some, I will mail you the bars so you can see the difference. Thanks for finally putting me out of my misery! LOL

Christy said...

Rock On Emmy! My son Aaron thinks that you are utterly too cool! I'm glad you enjoyed your egg.

Emmy said...

Awww thanks ladies!

I'm glad I'm certified "Cool" by Aaron!

agent713 said...

At least you got a neat toy. The plastic "eggs" are a pain in the butt to open aren't they?
~Heidi