Thursday, September 13, 2007

More kittens!

I'm really being tested with kittens this week!

I stopped at home tonight after work to change clothes before heading out to meet a friend for dinner. I pulled into a parking spot in front of my building and there was a little kitten sitting on the steps! It was really skittish and ran under the steps when I got close and was watching me. I ran in, changed clothes and came back out with some kitten chow that I put near the spot the kitten was hiding. I couldn't touch it but it was watching me.

As I was in the car getting ready to back out another kitten and the mom come walking out from behind a bush towards the kitten that is hiding. I did a double take because the other kitten was a dead ringer for Nikki, a cat I used to have. Freaky. They were both skittish and looking around and then the mom started to eat the food I put out.

If I had a guess I'd guess these 2 kittens about between 6-7 weeks old. When I got home tonight I saw at least one of the kittens in the spot under the steps watching me, as I got closer it moved away. I went inside, pet my cats, grabbed a little bowl of kitten chow and a bowl of water and took it back outside. I don't know if the mom cat was under there with the kitten(s) but I am sure she was nearby.

I'm hoping that they will not be so scared of me and will let me pet them and hold them because if I can I'll catch them and take them to a no kill shelter where they'll get adopted out. Kittens always adopt out first and I hope I can get the mom cat to trust me, too, becase I will take her in so she can get fixed and adopted as well.

I can't have any more kittens, I can't, I can't, I can't. I'm sure being tested this week!

1 comment:

tosin said...

Are you sure? Because I have two that I would happily box up and send your direction.
:)

~toemi~