Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Reality Television

I am addicted to Reality TV shows. I always knew I watched alot of it but I really realized it last night when I was watching American Idol. I watch way too many reality shows. I don't know what it really is for me but I think it is a combination of the drama, the craziness (read: stupidity) of people, the destinations and just the what people will do/go through for a shot at money.

I started making a mental list of reality shows I watch and I didn't realize how many I do watch on a regular basis when they are on!

Survivor
Amazing Race
Big Brother
The Bachelor/Bachelorette
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
The Apprentice
Real World (not religiously)

And most likely tonight, Skating with the Stars. I also used to watch The Mole when it was on and was upset when it went away. Plus other short lived ones along the way like Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire, My big fat obnoxious fiance and probably a few more.

And it's just like watching a train wreck sometimes, you can't not watch them.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my reality television watching .... or at least I hope I'm not =)

3 comments:

~D~ said...

umm let's add some to the list...

the biggest loser
skating with the stars
iron chef (does that count?)
i watch them all, lol

agent713 said...

Well...you *are* their prime target market. Maybe that has something to do with it. I watch some of those once in a while. My weakness is crime shows :)
~Heidi

Emmy said...

my other weakness is crime shows ... I must be the perfect target demographic ... late 20s, no life, no bf to do things with, sits at home and watches TV *lol*