Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Definitely a city mouse

On Sunday this big city gal spent the day in the country! Jim invited me to the annual family Easter Egg/Scavenger Hunt. A little late this year since there were conflicts scheduling but the date was perfect, 80ish degree weather and sunny! Doesn't get much better than that at the end of April.

Anyhow, this was at his aunt and uncle's place and they have what I like to call a petting zoo! A bull, cow and twin calves, 4 horses, a donkey and barn cats! I had fun petting the cats and horses and looking at everything else.

I also got to meet his aunts and uncles, cousins and newphews and nieces. Everyone brought a dish or two to pass and something to throw on the grill and a lawn chair to hang out in. It was really nice to just mingle and enjoy some good food!

After we ate his uncle took everyone on a hay ride while the easter eggs were hidden for the kids and then the scavenger hunt for kids and adults. After that we took another hayride, this time over to this place called devil's soupbowl which is a huge thing that looks like a soupbowl. Several people climbed down it and then had to go back up the other side. I was content to just watch and walk over to meet everyone :)

On the way back we got stuck in the sand because the 4 wheel drive wasn't locking in. Everyone got off the trailer (we were sitting on hay bales) and were able to get the truck going and the 4wd locked in.

It was nice to spend the day outdoors and get some sun and meet the rest of his family. As his son said, all that's left is to meet the family in Kentucky!
I didn't get teased too much about being a big city gal and I really enjoyed my day out in the country! I still dont' think I could ever live on a dirt road but I would agree to living out of the big city a bit ... I'm making progress :)

1 comment:

agent713 said...

Sounds like a BLAST! Did you get pictures? My city's slogan is "City in the Country" and that totally fits for me. I am a city girl but country at heart.
~Heidi