Saturday, December 31, 2005

Progress ...

As I mentioned in previous posting, I am a procrastinator sometimes. Especially when it comes to some of these SS swaps I have. I have 6 that need to be postal by 1/15/06 to get there by 1/20/06. I have had ideas for them in my head but haven't sat down and done them yet.

Last night I went to Dawnn's to crop, just to use her Sizzix and punch out letters for the states (Alabama, Michigan, Idaho, Rhode Island, Florida and then city of Orlando) as those are my states/major city for the swap. You may be looking at that thinking that's not too bad ... it's not until you multiply each letter by 12! I got them all done but it took me almost 5 hours. I feel good though knowing that part is done. I now need to actually make the borders! I also helped her sort 2 swaps she was hostess on so she can put them postal today. What a chore! Apparently neither of us can count correctly because we each had different numbers trying to match up the swaps for everyone and finally had to resort to doing them one at a time while we each counted out loud! =)

Tonight I am going back over to her new place for her semi-official-let-yourself-in-the-door-byob-New Years Eve party. I am going to bring some crop stuff too just in case I get really inspired!

I hope everyone has a safe New Years and has fun whatever you end up doing. And remember, if you drink, don't drive ... just do the Watermelon Crawl =)

Seriously though, if you drink hand your keys to someone who isn't, call a cab, get a ride from a sober friend, or just stay at your friend's place. I'm sure they'd rather have you sleep on their couch than drive drunk and kill yourself or someone else.

Take care ya'll.
Di

1 comment:

~D~ said...

I love that watermelon crawl song!!!! I must say I am so PROUD yes with a capital P of you for punching all those damn letters I am surprised your arm didn't fall off!

love and hugs!
d