Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

... well for another 52 minutes :) I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. I like the holiday I don't take the "It's a Hallmark Holiday" approach to it even though I haven't actually gotten things for Valentine's Day in several years. So today I wasn't expecting much, although sometimes it bothers me to see all the flowers and goodies being delivered at work.

I mailed a few Valentine's out and I always exchange goodies with Dawnn and I got a Valentine from my Grandma with some "Grandma Dollars" and a note to buy myself something :) I got myself Carrie Underwood's CD, Some Hearts. (she was winner of American Idol last season).

Today at work I came in to find a beautiful red rose on my desk, and then realized all of the ladies in the department had one on their desk. Come to find out it was from the men in our department, one of them had the idea to get all of us ladies a rose. All the men got together and organized it and put in money and kept it a secret! Such a sweet thing they did! I also got a few valentine's and some candies that I didn't need to eat and a cute notepad with pink ribbon from Dawnn.

I ran some errands after work and came home and watched American Icol and the Dr. Phil prime time special, Love Smart. I also recommend his book, Love Smart; Find the one you want, fix the one you got. and then got online for a bit and now I need to get myself to bed.

I hope ya'll had a great Valentine's Day whatever you did or didn't do. I love ya'll! For those dateless, partnerless, whatever ... I wish you luck and if you find a man, make sure has an attractive brother, friend for me *wink*

No comments: