Tuesday, September 12, 2006

9 days to go!

9 days until the Eric Clapton concert ... I must say I am rather excited. It was funny how this all came about because I was talking to Jim one day about how there are some artists that I want to see and money wouldn't be much of an object, if I could do it without going bankrupt I'd pay just about any amount to see them ... and Eric Clapton was right at the top of the list. Fast Forward a few days and he finds out that Eric is playing in Detroit in Sept. No problem, I can drive 2 hours to see him, heck I'd drive 2 days =) Then we saw he was playing Chicago too, and usually when an artist is signed up for playing in Chicago and Detroit it means they stop in the middle too ... Grand Rapids. Sure enough he is and we got plans together for Jim, Paul, Jean and I to go and Jean offered her credit card to put the tickets on them so we could get them and Jim was in charge of tickets ... he got us 11th row on the floor!

Anyhow, the tickets weren't real expensive considering ... my limit for Clapton was about $300 and my ticket cost half of that, unless you add back in the new adorable blouse I got *lol*

So ... who is on your "must see" list that money wouldn't stop you from going? Besides Eric, my list includes:

Paul McCartney
Bob Seger
Elton John

Oh, I was also googling today and found this cool site with lyrics to most of his songs, check it out: Clicky

No comments: