Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My appointment at the Apple store

I've not blogged about this because I do enough complaining in real life about it that I figure everyone is tired of it :)

Long story short, I bought my iPod Shuffle back in April, had problems from the start with it not updating or it finally would but by then I'd have lost several hours of time fiddling with it. I went to their online support, went through all their stuff, they said they'd send me a new Shuffle. Cool. Instead of a Shuffle I got a Shuffle docking station. Ummmm ... not what I asked for. Whatever. I kept struggling, tried their online support again only to be told "We're sorry Ms. xxx but you have used your complimentary chat with us, if you wish to purchase our Apple care plan it will be $xx.xx" Ummmm no I don't think so. I finally at this point gave up and figured I am doomed to a life of a Shuffle that doesn't work correctly.

This past weekend I had the issues again to the point where I spent 4 hours trying to get it work and got mad. Found out you can make appointments at the Genius bar at the Apple stores to get help. I made my appointment tonight.

I went in there, went off about the issues, how it won't update, it reshuffles the same 20 songs, etc. The guy looked at it, said it was working for him then before I start going off again he said he will replace it. He checked in the back and they were out of replacements so he ordered one and said it should be here Monday. He gave me back my broken Shuffle in the interim. I guess there is still good customer service out there.

I'll keep ya'll updated on what happens. I am hoping this takes care of my iPod issues.

No comments: