Sunday, January 07, 2007

The adventures of Flat Lauren

I think I have touched on it in the past but I am proudly hosting Flat Lauren here in Michigan.

For those that don't know about this, this is a spin off of the Flat Stanley project. Click here: Flat Stanley it's based on a children's book about this boy that flattened himself to mail himself around the world on different adventures. One of the ladies on Scrapshare has a daughter that was doing this project and she was looking for host families. I volunteered and it turned into a Flat Lauren project also, Lauren is her daughter. Thought it would be neat to take a picture of her daughter and then send her around to host families on Scrapshare in hopes of going to all 50 states and countless countries in the world.

Flat Lauren and I went out this weekend with Dawnn. We started at lunch at Red Robin:







After lunch we were heading to Grand Haven State Park to take Flat Lauren to Lake Michigan and to the lighthouse at Grand Haven. Well all 3 of us were chatting so much we got on the intersection going the wrong direction! *sheepish grin*

We got halfway to Chicago when we realized we were going the wrong direction and took the next exit, stopped to get gas and continued on.
I think Flat Lauren missed her Mom and had wanted to stop at home and check in.



Got back on the interstate and headed back the right direction. On our way we went to Holland! (Michigan that is) and made a stop at the Dutch Village to get Flat Lauren a pair of flat shoes and stopped to document our trip to Holland.



We finally get to Grand Haven and get out to walk on the beach a bit and walk along the pier to get some pictures.

Setting up the timer... since I'm a blonde and couldn't get my tripod to work right.
FYI, the Creative Memories camera bag also works great as a tripod *wink*



Success! A group shot



We then headed back for home, tired and cold from a fun day exploring.

To everyone that reads this (or just the 2 that read it lol) I'm sending you some love. Hope ya'll had a good weekend too!

3 comments:

agent713 said...

:wub: to you too! Love the adventures :)
~Heidi

Melissa said...

Thanks for the luv from MI. I havent been to Michigan in a couple years, but maybe I'll make it back soon.

Emmy said...

You've got a place to stay when you come here!

That goes for any of my Scrapshare sisters too...