Monday, January 08, 2007

ET

I got the rest of my zoo pictures back from Snapfish, including from when I went home and drug Mom and Dad to Pt. Defiance Zoo. One of my favorite pictures that I took was of this cute guy, ET.



It was funny that the day we were there ET had his fan club there, some little kids had ET shirts and signs they made for ET. I had thought he was a new addition to the zoo and when I did some research I realized I have grown up with this cute dude!

This is what I found:

One of the star attractions in this exhibit is "ET." In 1982, oil workers in Alaska found a starving orphan walrus pup and gave him his "movie star" name (he certainly bears a resemblance). He was raised right here at the zoo and now weighs over 3,400 pounds.

So I've seen this guy many times growing up! The picture just cracks me up, he's cute in a different way and looks like he has so much personality! And to think this guy is about 24 years old.

2 comments:

agent713 said...

That picture is award winning. Great shot!!!
~Heidi

Emmy said...

Thanks twin! I am really enjoying how alot of my zoo photos from the summer, and my SS WA 2.5 'portraits' turned out too. My mom keeps telling me to do something with my pictures one of these days ... we'll see.