Sunday, January 08, 2006

My weekend in review

I was figuring I'd have a pretty low key weekend, nothing planned and in desparate need of cleaning house.

Saturday after Abbie woke me up (see prior post) I decided to put some Kenny on and start at one end of my place and work my way to the other cleaning. It took several hours but was so worth it. I felt a sense of accomplishment when I was done and couldn't believe how nice and clean everything looks.

Today (Sunday) I got up and was just going to do laundry and hang around the house. I did laundry and got a call from my friend Jean and we decided to go to the galleria and see a movie. I got there a bit early and thought I'd check out Kohl's to see if anything was on a great sale as I desparately need work clothes. I found the 70% off rack and they had short sleeve Sag Harbor sweaters on sale, normally $34 on sale for $10.20. I couldn't believe it so I got 3 in different colors. The great thing is they go with khaki's, dress pants, skirts, etc. Plus they are lightweight enough I can wear them in the summer to work. I was so pleased with my $30 purchase!

Jean and I saw 'Rumor Has It' starring Jennifer Anniston, Kevin Costner, and Shirley McLane. It was really funny. I liked it and would recommend it if you are looking for a movie to see. After the movie we went to Coldstone Creamery ... I love that place! I got cake batter and raspberry sorbet mixed together in a waffle cup. Heavenly. She got German chocolate cake with lots of extra chocolate syrup. All in all a good weekend for not having anything planned! Unfortunately work returns again tomorrow ... but I will survive.

Also, I am not a big fan of AOL but since I don't pay for my service I keep them. I think I found 1 redeeming quality ... on AOL Radio they have XM Nashville and I just turned it on here while I'm online and so far I have heard 4 songs I haven't heard in 5 years or more. I was so impressed! They play old and new! I think AOL has *almost* redeemed themselves!

No comments: