Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sometimes it is really hard being a daughter....

trying to make your mom listen to you!

Warning: long vent to follow...

So I get on here tonight to check email and write to Heidi who has been waiting probably impatiently for an email back and I see an email in my inbox from my mom titled Car Accident. I immediately stop my spam deleting and open that up ... mom was in a car accident tonight on her way home from school. She said she was at the red light about 8 blocks from home stopped and she was rear ended by someone going probably 35-40mph from what she can estimate and rammed into her and then took off!!! She said it was rush hour and no one stopped to check on her or stop to offer anything and she was so stunned she pulled over to the side and just sat there. I feel so terrible. She said she is already stiff and sore and that the impact threw her forward and then her seatbelt snapped her back.

Right now she and I are instant messaging and she is STRESSING ME OUT! She said the back of the car is damaged pretty bad but the airbags didn't deploy. Thank the Lord she drives a Crown Vic because they are so sturdy but she doesn't want to see the Dr. because she can't afford the co-pay and doesn't want to worry anyone. HELLO you are worrying me! And I'm not even in the same town, let alone state, where I can go and help her out. She's made me resort to typing in CAPS to her. She says she won't get the damage fixed because it will be ok and she's afraid her rates on her insurance will go up. I give up. I've threatened the old "don't make me come out there" and we are still going in circles.

I understand her concern about the car and rates and insurance because their medical is not the best, they have huge co-pays and I wish I could help them with $$$ but I can't because I'm scraping by myself but she won't listen to me. I asked if she talked to her sister (she's in insurance too) and she said she emailed her but she'd wait till tomorrow, etc etc etc. I've never raised my voice to my mom or yelled at her ... even during the teenage years ... but right now I could just scream and yell at her. This is when it really sucks to not live near them because I can't drive over and make her do all this stuff.
I know in the morning she's going to be stiff and miserable but she won't listen to me. I'm going to email her sister and make her talk to her. I have been in a few accidents where I was rear ended, one about 2 blocks from where she just got hit where I was rear ended by someone when I was at a dead stop and I was sore and stiff and had bruises for several weeks and had to get seen.

Once thing I have learned this evening is that I now know who I inherited my stubborn streak from ... my Mom.

I feel better venting now. If you read this and stuck with it, thank you. If not, I don't blame you one bit. I am sure if I were not so emotional over the monthly visitor it wouldn't be as bad but that just compounds it.

No comments: