Saturday, January 07, 2006

Starbucks


I can't believe I have blogged this long and this is my first real Starbucks post. My twin Heidi is what reminded me of it after I saw her picture of her at Starbucks I realized I had to get mine out here too!

I grew up real close to Seattle land of Coffee and home to The Original Starbucks. I've always liked coffee and as a little girl I used to have coffee with my grandpa. One of my earliest memories with him is me sitting on his lap in his recliner with my little kid sized china cup with my coffee and a sugar cube in it and being told that to drink out of a china cup like a lady you must have your pinky finger extended. I remember thinking it was funny because he had a work accident several years before and part of his right pinky finger was cut off, so his would always stick out. I also used to get dressed up and do 'beauty ups' with my grandma and we would have coffee or tea like elegant beauty-up ladies that we were. I guess I've always had a love for coffee.

Even during high school I would drive to school and would stop in the mornings and get a coffee on may way, usually some sort of a Mocha or Latte. In the summer I would switch to iced mocha's. I also would go up to Seattle for the sole purpose of getting a Starbucks from the original Starbucks.

When I went home last month and my twin Heidi came down for a weekend her requirement was she wanted to visit the original Starbucks and so after we got there this was our first order of the day and of course had to have photo taken in front. Oddly enough, my drink in my hand is not coffee ... it is a Vanilla Bean Frappachino but still awesome! That morning I already had some caffine and didn't need any more of it.

Now that I've moved away I've been fortunate to have Starbucks near me, the closest one being 2 blocks away and within a 10 mile radius I can tell you where 5 of them are. Not bad even though I miss the coffee stands on every street corner and parking lots of grocery stores and strip malls like they have out there in WA.

2 comments:

~D~ said...

Vanilla Bean Frappachino


mmmmmm you are teasing me this early in the morning!

Emmy said...

I know you can say it, I'm such a tease *lol*